Friday, April 10, 2009

A Look Out The Window


This is the time of year when I look out my window, I'm tickled by my garden thoughts. Those creative juices start to wet my brain on what I want to move, split, prune into shape, or simply clean up an area. Fresh new life is already showing it's greenery in the yard .
I can't imagine going through life without getting my hands dirty in the soil. It feels wonderful. People talk about meditation. That is the perfect place for it. Nothing enters your busy brain, except what you are doing in the moment. AHhh life at it's best. Seventeen years of nurturing, and love. It's a beautiful cottage garden with a couple water features, many birds, bugs, butterflies, and a garden snake makes it's appearance.
Well, won't be long , probably this weekend, I'll be in my start the clean-up mode. It's that clean-up mode when I mostly think " What the hell were you thinking when you kept expanding this thing"
I used to just go all day.... now it's in segments, with little breaks. The price of getting older, and a bit heftier. I warn people of my garden season "head down ass up" position in case they drop in unannounced. But I welcome the break I will be able to take.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, at last, the cold yoke of winter has been broken! How refreshing it is to see green once again! I can't tell you how many people have proclaimed this past winter as 'one of the longest and hardest' winters that they can imagine.

    No wonder so many flee to the South. Yet, one must consider what 'else' comes with living down there. Yikes!

    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hard winter, Muck-maker, is God's way of saying, "no predictable, long-range, global warming."

    Midwest mind --just so you know, any comment at Mudrake's was not written by me as he doesn't print me at his blog. I'm "allowed" to be at Oddball Alley--when he decides to let that blog stand -- so he is doing a trick at his blog, creating a new profile for me -- which he has done at mine --and then posting under my name and others--posting his mischaracterization of what Christians would say and think. He has a very skewed idea of both me and Christianity --one of his own making. He is one miserable soul.

    I don't care if he's even related to you --he is not a good person when it comes to anyone who disagrees with him about anything.

    So much for liberal broadminded tolerance and integrity! Even I, a right-winger, have much more tolerance than he does.

    the muck raker is really a muck-dweller and muck-maker --and you should bring him over to your blog for fertilizer. Heh heh --(this is mild compared to the way he and his cronies talk --once Muckrake put pics of manure over one of my blog topics which he re-posted at his.)

    Sorry to interfere with your nice topic on the meditative inspiration of spring gardening -- but you commented to me over at his blog in response to the phony "Barb" post --and I knew he would not print any response from me.

    You may delete this after reading. Just wanted to respond to your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS --Mudrake has now hidden or deleted all the comments on that particular topic --where he had done a sock-puppet thing with my identity --to which you had commented to me.

    I have recently learned that sock puppets is the term for a blogger who uses multiple identities to pad his blog with comments --or to multiply his opinion on a topic --or assumes someone else's identity --in order to misrepresent that person's views. The latter is what he likes to do with my screen name.

    The visual image is of a sock on one hand manipulated like a puppet--conversing with a sock depicting a different character on the other hand --the same person playing both roles. That's what Mudrake has done on his blog with my screen name --and earlier on mine.

    ReplyDelete